WMA Minmet Processing (PTY) LTD – WMA Minmet Processing (PTY) LTD is seeking the services of a Capable and Competent individual to fill the vacant positions in their company.
Job Title: Stores Controller
An exciting career opportunity has become available within the mining sector for an experienced Stores Controller to join our Dynamic Team.
Purpose summary: Control
Purpose summary: Control
Duties & Responsibilities
- Audit and report inventory while making recommendations on which items to order and restock Manage stores associates, monitoring work and ensuring the safe use of equipment
- Establish best practices and protocols to achieve an efficient stores
- Set store and team goals in collaboration with executive management and other departments Monitor workplace performance and lead training initiatives to improve employees
- Keep up-to-date on the latest safety regulations
- Communicate with other departments to ensure products are shipped in a timely manner Providing reports to the finance department and reporting timeously
- Performing stock counts
- Ensuring all stock items are stored and accounted for correctly (this includes diesel stock)
- Stand-in for stores clerk function on an ad-hoc basis• Inspect delivery vehicle and ensure delivery to site in accordance with safety procedures and legislative requirements
- Receive and issue goods by verifying the various source documents to confirm validity of transaction
- Ensure correct allocation, storage and stacking of stock items according to product requirements and sound storing practices e.g. storage of hazardous materials and the display of Materials Safety Data Sheet
- Assist with requisitions issuing and invoice capturing on the system
- Record and capture receipt on system to ensure accuracy and completeness of stock information Print labels/barcode and tag item for correct stock identification and storage
- Correct binning and storing of items according to stock system
- Timeous and accurate picking of stock according to requisitions to ensure availability to internal clients Record and capture issue on system to ensure accuracy and completeness of stock information Perform daily housekeeping activities according to organisational requirements
- Perform cycle and stock counts according to company policies and standards or any Ad-Hoc counts
- Check vehicle on a daily basis according to company requirements and report deviations to the store’s controller
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Essential- Grade 12 / Matric / NQF level 4
- Years of experience in role: Up to 2 years
- Continuous learning
- Integrity and trust
- The ability to express ideas and views clearly to others in writing.
- Utilisation of computers and relevant computer programmes to input, process, analyse and use data and information.
- Picks up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Active listener. Communicates clearly, concisely and confidently in all situations and using all media (e-mail, telephone, face-to face, etc.)
- Ability to reason and apply fundamental numerical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Shows interest in and understanding of theneeds and expectations of internal and external customers (including direct reports). Gains customer trust and respect. Meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Obtaining or accessing information and data through various sources.
- Effectively handling detailed information and being consistently attentive to details.
- Problems are variable, and resolution often requires flexibility within established procedures. Always makes first line attempt to solve problems.
- Others outside of own work area but inside the organisation
- Others in own work area
- Others outside the organisation
Rustenburg, North-west Province