The programme aims at producing manpower in Paramedics Technology that can apply are concepts and operate efficiently under supervision in the pre-hospital care for Medical Emergencies and Trauma.
Applicants seeking admission into the ND Paramedics Technology programme must fulfill the following entry requirements:
- Possess 5 (Five) Credit passes in WAEC, NECO, SSCE or GCE ‘0’ Level with the following subject combinations: English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Health Sciences, Chemistry and Physics, at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Be Not less than 16 years
- Be physically fit and able to lift weights
- Be free from uncontrolled Diabetes, Hypertension, Epilepsy and Tuberculosis
- Have current immunization for Hepatitis B, Tetanus and Meningitis
- Be free from drugs and other substance abuse
- Have No criminal record
- Have a verifiable residential address
The ND Paramedics Technology programme is non-terminal, and it is structured to last for four (4) semesters of classroom, laboratory and clinical/field work activities.
The programme consists of four (4) main components (i) General Studies courses (H) Foundation courses (Hi) Professional courses and (iv) Students projects.
A one (1) year Hospital/Clinical Attachment is compulsory before progression into the HND programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Prospective candidates are requested to process their admission through www.portal.uniabuja.edu.ng
- On the portal Home page, Click on New Application? Click here to apply
- On the left hand menu under Apply Now, select Paramedics and Emergency Health
- Follow the online instructions to complete your application.
Candidates are to pay a non-refundable application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15, 000) only on the Application Portal.
Application portal opens on Monday 6th September 2021 and close on Sunday, April 10th, 2022.
Mal. Yahya I. Mohammed