~ Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships ~
Cardiff Metropolitan University is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About the Scholarship
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate and international students that excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching). The award is based upon a combination of academic merit and sporting achievements and can be applied for by students who meet the criteria set out.
The award of scholarships is reviewed on an annual basis and students will be required to show their continuing commitment to Cardiff Met performance sport and their personal sporting development in order to continue to benefit from the scheme for the duration of their studies.
Level of Study
Opportunity Focus Areas
All courses offered at Cardiff Metropolitan University
Depends on the chosen degree.
Number of Scholarships
Elite Sport Scholar Award provide the recipient with the following benefits:
1. Up to £5,000 discount from their program tuition fees.
2. Access to excellent facilities.
3. Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff.
4. Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, and biomechanics.
5. Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage.
6. Active yoga and recovery sessions.
7. Performance workshops.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships
To be eligible for Elite Sport Scholar Award, these points should be considered:
All world countries
To be eligible for a scholarship, athletes must:
1. Be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course).
2. Be competing in a recognized British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives.
3. Be competing at the international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional).
4. Be recommended by their NGB coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport.
5. Students will be expected to compete for Cardiff Met in the BUCS competition as a requirement of the scholarship.
6. Students will be expected to represent Cardiff Met at open events and participate in promotion and marketing activities for the School of Sports and Health Science. Failure to do so could result in loss of scholarship.
7. You must be enrolled as a full-time student at Cardiff Metropolitan University and in possession of your Student ID Card in order for the catering or general campus allowance to be processed.
8. Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to successful progression into the next year of study.
9. Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to the progression of your level of sporting progress, which will be determined by the Performance Sport Panel.
There will normally be no fourth year of the award, however, consideration will be given to applicants who undertake a 4-year program (including Foundation), as well as those studying part-time and/or postgraduate programs.
July 31, 2022