LASU Non-Academic Job Vacancies & Recruitment | May, 2022 – To the general public. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant Non-Academic positions in the Lagos State University, Ojo.
- Internal Audit
- Gateman (CONUNASS 02)
- Patrolman (CONUNASS 02)
- Senior Patrolman (CONUNASS 03)
A. LASU Non-Academic Job Vacancies for Registrar, Bursar, Director & Internal Audit
The Governing Council of Lagos State University hereby announces that the positions of Registrar and Bursar will be vacant by July 2022, while that of the Director, Internal Audit is presently vacant.
In consonance with the Lagos State University Law (2004) and in exercise of the power contained therein, the Governing Council has decided to begin the process of appointing new Registrar, Bursar and Director, Internal Audit.
Consequently, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified applicants for the positions of Registrar, Bursar and Director, Internal Audit.
2.0 THE INSTITUTION
Lagos State University (LASU) was established in 1983 by the Enabling Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, for the advancement of learning AND establishment of academic excellence.
A summation of LASU objectives is given as: to create opportunities for deserving candidates to further their education by providing programmes of studies that will give them NOT ONLY marketable skills but that which will enable them develop their full potentials AND make them well rounded scholars AND useful members of the Society. LASU is also to meet the specific manpower needs of Lagos State, as well as undertake any other activities, appropriate for a University of the highest standard.
Lagos State University was initially conceived as a multi-campus, collegiate AND non-residential University. The Lagos State Government has however approved that the University should be fully residential while plans are underway to build more student hostels to cater for students accommodation needs. Today, Lagos State University operates a multi-campus system with three (3) fully owned campuses having its main campus at Ojo (along the Badagry Expressway) AND other campuses at Epe AND Ikeja, with the following: Faculties of Arts, Education, Engineering, Management Sciences, Law, Science and Social Sciences; Schools of Agriculture, Communication, Transport and Logistics; College of Medicine AND Postgraduate School.
In addition, the University operates the following programmes:
- LASU Foundation Programme at Badagry under the auspices of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB);
- Pre-Degree Studies Programme at Epe;
- Lagos State University Open and Distance Learning and Research Institute (ODLRI); AND
- Sandwich Degree Programmes.
- Lagos State University runs both full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
The University has over the years, maintained a tradition of excellence in various disciplines in Arts, Education, Engineering, Law, Science, Social Sciences, Mass Communication, Management Sciences, Medicine, Dentistry and Applied Health Sciences and has produced men and women of repute who hold important positions, both nationally and internationally, and are still contributing to the development of the nation and the world in their chosen careers.
1. THE POSITION OF REGISTRAR
In accordance with the Lagos State University LAW (2004), the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except financial matters which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is a repository of University documents/records.
- The Registrar is the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation.
- The Registrar is a member of the University Management Committee and Head of the University Registry.
- He/she must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources and a team player.
- He/She must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people.
- The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
- The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- He/she must enjoy good health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants for the post of Registrar, Lagos State University should possess
- A good (Honours) degree plus fifteen (15) years relevant administrative experience in University or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level;
- Possession of relevant Masters degree is compulsory;
- Candidates must be competent in the use of ICT for management services;
- Candidates must have served for NOT less than three (3) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable institution as at the date of advertisement;
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA) and relevant professional associations is mandatory.
THE POSITION OF BURSAR
In accordance with the Lagos State University LAW (2004), the Bursar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of financial affairs of the University, across its campuses.
The Bursar is a member of the University Management Committee and the Head of the University Bursary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants for the post of Bursar, Lagos State University should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree/Higher National Diploma in Accounting plus fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience, Plus professional qualification of ICAN/ACA/ACMA/ANAN with twelve (12) years relevant post-qualification experience;
- Possession of relevant Masters degree is compulsory;
- Candidates must be proficient in use of relevant accounting software packages;
- Candidates must have served for NOT less than three (3) years at the level of Deputy Bursar in a University or comparable institution.
3. THE POSITION OF DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT
Candidates must be holders of good Honours Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accounting from a recognized institution with a minimum of Fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification experience PLUS Final Certificate of ICAN/ACA/ACCA/ANAN/ACMA with Nine (9) years post qualification experience. The possession of relevant Masters Degree is compulsory.
In consonance with the Lagos State University Law (2004), the appointment of Registrar and Bursar is for a TERM of four (4) years respectively, with eligibility for reappointment for a second term of four (4) years ONLY. The appointment of Director, Internal Audit, however, for a single TERM of five (5) years.
4.0 AGE REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for the positions of Registrar, Bursar and Director, Internal Audit must not be above the age of sixty (60) years by July 2022.
Remuneration of the Registrar, Bursar and Director, Internal Audit of the Lagos State University includes Basic Salary of CONUNASS 15 AND other benefits AND allowances that apply to the Registrar, Bursar and Director, Internal Audit in Nigerian Public Universities, as may be approved by the Governing Council, Lagos State University.
6.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidates should submit formal Application for the posts of:
- Bursar; AND
- Director, Internal Audit
- Candidates should apply with Fifteen (15) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place AND Date of Birth
- Nationality (If Nigerian, indicate State of Origin)
- Marital Status: Number AND Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications (including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Professional Qualifications (copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Statement of Experience including details of former and present position
- Names AND Addresses of Three (3) Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character and integrity
- Contact Address (including telephone number(s) AND e-mail address)
7.0 SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
All applications are to be submitted under CONFIDENTIAL COVER, with the envelop marked “POST OF REGISTRAR, BURSAR and DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT LASU” (whichever is applicable), sealed, addressed AND submitted to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Vice Chancellor’s Office,
Babatunde Raji Fashola Senate Building,
Lagos State University,
to reach the Vice Chancellor NOT later than four (4) weeks from the date of this publication.
8.0 SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES:
Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for interview with the Selection Board at a DATE that will be formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.
B. LASU Non-Academic Job Vacancies for Gateman (CONUNASS 02), Patrolman (CONUNASS 02) & Senior Patrolman (CONUNASS 03)
GATEMAN (CONUNASS 02)
- An able bodied man/woman with 3 years relevant experience with an ability to read and write.
PATROLMAN (CONUNASS 02)
- A candidate with JSS III/S.75/Class IV Certificate or Ex-Police Constable.
SENIOR PATROLMAN (CONUNASS 03)
A candidate with JSS III/ S.75/Class IV Certificate plus 8 yrs. experience OR 5 Credits including English Language at WASC/GCE/SSCE plus 2 years relevant experience in similar position OR Ex-Police Sergeant.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidate should forward Fifteen (15) copies of Application, signed Curriculum Vitae and Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae must be presented in the following order:
- Name in Full, with Surname first (Boldly written)
- Personal File Number (applicable to Internal Applicants)
- Place & Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number & Ages of Children
- Academic/Professional Qualification (with dates & Institution)
- Statement of Experience
- Other Activities outside employment
- Name, Address & Telephone Numbers of Three (3) referees
- Telephone & Email Address (self)
Shortlisted candidates are to come along to the interview with their reference letters obtained from Senior Officers on Grade Level 12 or equivalent position in the University. Note that Candidates’ Applications and Reference Letters should be addressed to:
Lagos State University,
P.M. B. 0001,
LASU Post Office, Ojo
All applications should be submitted to:
Non-Academic Staff Division,
5th Floor, New Senate Building
Lagos State University, Ojo.
Applicants should indicate Position applied for on the envelope containing their application.
Two (2) weeks from the date of this publication.
...Towards a Greater LASU
We are LASU, we are great!