Available Courses and Admission Requirements
a. Diploma Programmes
GCE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO Ordinary Level or equivalent (Teachers Grade II), with three (3) credit passes in Economic, Business Methods, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Commerce, History, Geography, Government, Agricultural Science, Biology PLUS a pass in English Language and
Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings.
In line with the Polytechnic regulations, candidates who have successfully completed the programme(s) and have also obtained qualifications for admission into the National Diploma programme by direct entry be given ADVANCED CREDITS or admitted into National Diploma (ND II) direct as is obtainable in Kaduna Polytechnic.
DIPLOMA SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT (DSD)
i. Grade II Certificate of SSCE with at least four (4) credits in English and any other three (3) subjects from the following: Government, History, Economics, Integrated Science etc;
ii. Holders of Intermediate Certificates in Community Development and Adult Education, and Social Development;
iii. Three (3) credits with two passes in relevant subjects plus at least two years working experience;
iv. Any other relevant qualification acceptable to the Polytechnic;
DIPLOMA ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
- GCE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO Ordinary Level or equivalent (Teachers Grade II), with five (5) credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Biology obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
b. Certificate Courses
ELEMENTARY MECHANICAL AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE (EMEATC), BLOCK LAYING AND CONCRETING (BLCC) AND ELEMENTARY ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS, COSTING AND CONTRACTING (EEICC) PROGRAMMES
- BATC with one year working experience in relevant industry;
- Trade Test Grade II in related filed with credit in Technical or Vocational Training;
- Three (3) passes in relevant subjects in WASC, SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB Ordinary Level obtained in not more than two sittings; and Any other qualifications recognized by the Polytechnic.
INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL AND AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME (IMEATC)
- Elementary EATC/EMTC obtained at credit level or pass level with atleast one year working experience;
- City and Guilds Part 1 or Trade Test III in relevant field with evidence of Technical or Vocational Training;
- Four (4) passes in relevant subjects in WASC, SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB Ordinary Level in not more than two (2) sittings.
CERTIFICATE IN AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (CAT)
- Minimum of three (3) passes in NECO, SSCE, GCE, NABTEB Ordinary Level or their equivalent two of which must be in science subjects.
CERTIFICATE IN CATERING AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT (CCHM)
Attempted SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB Ordinary Level or their equivalent two of which must be in science subjects.
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN CATERING AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT (ACCHM)
Holders of Certificate in Catering and Hotel Management or its equivalent from any recognized Institution.
CERTIFICATE IN NUTRITION AND DIETETICS (CND)
- Attempted SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB Ordinary Level or their equivalent with at least a pass in the relevant subjects.
ASSISTANT LIBRARY OFFICER’S CERTIFICATE (ALO)
- SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB at least three (3) passes; Candidates with Library Assistant Certificate (LA);
- Library Assistant with at least two (2) years working experience.
- All Candidates should submit hard copies of their duly completed application form and other credentials to the Academic Division of the Polytechnic for screening/verification accordingly
Method of Application
Candidates applying for Diploma and Certificate Programmes are to fill application forms at the cost of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only and One Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N1,500.00) only for verification respectively.
All interested applicants should visit the Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina website – www.hukpoly.edu.ng or student portal portal.hukpoly.edu.ng
Eligible candidates are to make payment through the payment options provided at student’s portal: portal.hukpoly.edu.ng. The Polytechnic doesn’t accept cash payment.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for details about application procedures