Disclaimer for 9ja Compass
For further enquires on our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
All the information on this website https://9jacompass.org/ is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. 9ja Compass does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (https://9jacompass.org/), is strictly at your own risk. 9ja Compass will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.
Contents on 9ja Compass are a property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit permission
Material downloaded from 9ja Compass may be use for your personal, non-commercial use only. Links to websites other than those owned by 9ja Compass are offered as a service to readers. The editorial staff of 9ja Compass was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content. If you believe there has been a copyright violation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure that evidence is provided and we will remove the image immediately.
Policies and standards at 9ja Compass
9ja Compass is focused on serving its audience and the world at large with Up-to-date, Verified and School News, Jobs, Admission, etc.
9ja Compass Editorial standards and ethics
9ja Compass ethical code is based on the willingness of it being Up-to-date and Verified and for its contributors to act with honesty, transparency, and independence, including independence from conflicts of interest.
- Truth and Accuracy
Our publishers are expected to be as accurate as possible. Getting facts from verifiable sources is the cardinal principle of journalism. 9ja Compass always strives for accuracy, provides all the relevant facts available, and ensures that they have been verified. 9ja Compass makes it clear when it cannot corroborate certain information.
Our publishers must be independent voices 9ja Compass does not act formally or informally, on behalf of special interests. Independent fact-checking by other employees or actors is always involved in the publication process.
A sure sign of professionalism and responsible journalism is the ability to hold oneself accountable. Corrections are published when errors are discovered. 9ja Compass listens to the concerns of its audience.
Hate speech and bullying
- 9ja Compass content must not incite hatred and/or discriminate against people on the basis of their race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, etc.
- Our content must not harass, intimidate or bully a person.
Safety and inappropriate content
- 9ja Compass will not post articles that threaten or advocate for harm to oneself or others.
- 9ja Compass will not post content that contains graphic sexual text, image, audio, videos, or games.
- We will not publish articles that contain non-consensual sexual themes or promote a sexual act in exchange for compensation.
- We will not publish any content containing child sexual abuse.
- 9ja Compass commits to not posting any adult themes within family content.
- We will not post any articles containing malicious or unwanted software.
- 9ja Compass will not post any content that promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
Our reporters are forbidden to publish any advertising content or pre-written material. Each article is scanned by automated, anti-plagiarism technology. As a result, Blasting News will not publish content copied from other sites, content that violates copyright and trademark rights, or content that has a purely promotional objective. Our reporters that violate this rule will be penalized. We strongly reject “churnalism.”
Verification / Fact Checking Policy
Under 9ja Compass policies and guidelines, material from anonymous sources may be used only if:
- The material is information, and not opinion or speculation, and is vital to the news report.
- The information is not available except under the conditions of anonymity imposed by the source.
- The source is reliable, and in a position to have accurate information.
9ja Compass strictly follows two statements contained in The SPJ Code of Ethics on anonymous sources:
- Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources’ reliability.
- Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.
Reporters cannot take information from anonymous sources without the approval of a 9ja Compass editorial team. We use information from anonymous sources to tell important stories that would otherwise go unreported.
Unnamed Sources Policy
- Where possible, 9ja Compass will always include the name of sources for the information we publish.
- 9ja Compass will provide attribution through names, links, and other means to inform the reader about the source of information used in an article.
- While 9ja Compass prefers not to use confidential sources, we may still use them where the information is deemed credible, important to the readers and where it may negatively impact the livelihood of the source.
- Editors will protect the identity of confidential sources.
- Editors will also adhere to the law related to the legal rights of the editor (reporter) and the confidential source.
9ja Compass believes in transparency and honesty. Therefore, 9ja Compass will correct mistakes promptly. Fullness and freshness of information represent two inescapable values in the online journalism world, and 9ja Compass believes that accuracy is equally essential; we ensure expediency in making corrections when needed.
9ja Compass is dedicated to informing its readers when it has made a mistake (however big or small), conveying the error’s severity, and providing the correct information as soon as the mistake is brought to attention.
When an error is detected within an article, 9ja Compass immediately works to find the correct information and clearly display the corrections wherever possible within the article. The corrections will include:
- The correct information.
- What was originally published that was incorrect.
- The date (and time, if available) when the change took place.
- The process to report errors from within articles is made easy to understand, by providing an email address and form to contact us at the beginning of each article.
Actionable Feedback Policy
9ja Compass is committed to engaging with its readers and taking action based on their suggestions, complaints, and other feedback.
If you have a suggestion, criticism, complaint or compliment, you can contact 9ja Compass at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.