The YYAS is an intensive academic and enrichment programme aimed at supporting young Africans who are currently in the secondary school and planning to pursue a higher education as well as those wishing to make a meaningful leadership impact as youths.
Scholarship to be taken at: United States of America
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Benefits: Tuition free, meals and accommodation provision
Subject Eligibility: All fields of study.
Yale Young African Scholars Programme | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the 2023 Yale Young African Scholars Programme at the United States, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 14 years old by application deadline (01 February 2023) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. Applications will also be accepted from refugees living in an African country.
- Be currently attend school in an African country.
- Be a current 11th grade student (or the international equivalent).
- If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2024. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2023 and no later than November/December 2024.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the 2022 Yale Young African Scholars Programme are to follow the steps outlined below. Official transcript of grade report should be attached and also a recommendation from applicant’s teacher.
- Completed application form – The application can be found online and must be filled out by the applicant. Students will be asked to complete one 500-word essay and two short responses, and must provide information on their extracurricular activities and the school that they currently attend.
- Official transcript or grade report(s)
- One (1) teacher recommendation – The recommendation must be filled out via the Online Recommendation Form that will be sent to a teacher’s email after the student provides their contact details.
Steps to Apply:
|Step 1||Review and ensure you meet the YYAS eligibility criteria.|
|Step 2||Review the YYAS application required components.|
|Step 3||Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.|
|Step 4||You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.|
Complete the Application:
|Step 5||ClickAPPLY NOWto start your YYAS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time. Ensure that you complete and submit your application before the deadline.
|Step 6||Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.|
|Step 7||Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.|
|Step 8||Check your inbox for a YYAS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application.|
Application Deadline: 01 February 2023