You will be evaluated for these scholarships when you apply for admission. Your eligibility will be based on your high school admission average at the time of your admission offer. We’ll assess you for a match to the following and many more. You must apply to an undergraduate degree program before you can apply for any entrance scholarships.
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Alberta, Canada
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship Worth: Up to $6000 per year
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International students
University of Alberta International Scholarships 2023 | Admission-Based Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded automatically, requiring no application, to meriting students at the time of admission. They include;
- International Admission Scholarship: Top students could receive up to
$5,000 CAD, depending on admission
- Regional Excellence Scholarship: Top students from certain regions
could receive up to $5,000 CAD, based
on admission average.
- Gold Standard Scholarship: The top 5% of students in each faculty could receive up to $6,000, depending on admission average.
University of Alberta International Scholarships 2023 | Application-based scholarships
Aside the admission-based. there are even more scholarships to take advantage of. you can choose to apply early and be awarded extra scholarships as you qualify. Such scholarships include;
- President’s International Distinction Scholarship: Students with a superior admission
average and demonstrated leadership qualities entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit could receive up to $120,000 CAD (payable over 4 years).
- International Leader Scholarship: Well-rounded leaders with superior academics may receive up to $10,000 CAD.
- May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship: Students with a superior admission average and self-declared financial need entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit who are Chinese or Hong Kong citizens could receive up to $100,000 (payable over 4 years).
- Global Citizen Scholarship for IB Diploma Students: There’s is also the University of Alberta Global Citizen Scholarship for IB Diploma International Students up to $53,000 per year for a maximum of 4 years to qualifying students.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates are required to take admission in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta, Canada. Thereafter, the award will be on the bases of their academic achievement, they will be notified of their award offer after receiving an admission offer from the university.
Application Deadline: January 11, 2023