The scholarship programme, Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Program (SYGL), honours Professor Stephen Young, a former Head of the Department of Marketing and Dr Huang’s mentor and supervisor during his PhD studies at the University of Strathclyde. The Charles Huang Foundation has committed to funding up to five scholarships annually for MBA students at Strathclyde University who wish to study full time (one year) in Glasgow in memory of Professor Young. In addition to their MBA studies, the scholars will also participate in the Stephen Young Institute for International Business’s (SYIIB’s) Leadership Track programmes. SYGL works to develop global leaders and business talent in society and business.
Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme 2023 is available to undertake Masters level programs at University of Strathclyde.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Business Administration
Full Scholarship (Tuition and Living Costs)
International fee paying students are eligible to apply.
Irrespective of your background, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- you must meet the admissions criteria for the Strathclyde full-time MBA programme, hold a current offer on this programme for your chosen year of study and accept this offer before making a separate application to the Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme. You must be able to demonstrate exceptional academic merit in your application for the Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme. For example, a first-class undergraduate degree from a UK University, or equivalent academic qualification from a comparable non-UK institution
- you must be a self-funded student who does not have access to other sources of funding such as corporate sponsorship or alternative scholarship funding
- if you are short-listed, you will be required to attend a formal interview (either in person or virtually)
The selection process for the scholarship will be as follows:
- all applications submitted online via a formal application form, will be shortlisted by an Strathclyde Business School panel. Thereafter, a Selection Committee will be appointed to consider all short-listed applications
- the Selection Committee will be chaired by the Executive Dean of the Business School or his/her nominee and include the Academic Director of the Business School MBA programme and other senior academic representatives.
- decisions of the Selection Committee shall be made by simple majority. If a decision cannot be reached, the Chair shall make the final decision
- recommendations would be shared with the Donor; the University will make the final decisions on selection
For further information, take a look at the Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme brochure.
31 July, 2023