The Fellowship is a semester-long program at the University of Pennsylvania implemented with technical assistance from the Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA).
Host Institution: University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All levels
PDRI-DevLab Visiting Fellowship | DETAILS
The fellowship aims at building capacity for rigorous research on pressing policy challenges facing low- and middle-income countries, by providing training and research opportunities for emerging researchers. Visiting fellows will have the opportunity to audit doctoral-level classes, carry out independent research, present their research, receive mentorship from faculty, and launch collaborative research partnerships with Penn faculty and graduate students.
To be considered for the PDRI-DevLab Visiting Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following specific requirements:
- Be a national of a Sub-Saharan African country (following the World Bank regional classification for Sub-Saharan Africa) and be fluent in English.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 8 years, or be enrolled in a PhD program in political science, economics, statistics, sociology, education, epidemiology/public health, or another social science discipline.
- Have a current affiliation with a research institution, university or other research organization in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably one that supports policy-relevant, quantitative social science research.
- Plan to return to a research institute in Sub-Saharan Africa after the fellowship.
- Costs of room and board in Philadelphia.
- Health insurance
- Monthly stipend
- Visa fees
- Round trip economy airfare
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the PDRI-DevLab Visiting Fellowship 2023 are to complete their online application by the application deadline. Applicants are to submit the following required documents:
- Personal Statement (1 page).
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Research Proposal
- Evidence of Leave Approval.
- Transcript of any coursework completed.
- Names of two references
- Working paper or publication (optional)
Application Deadline: 13th December 2022 at 11:59 PM ET.