The fellowship has brought outstanding young researchers to Finland, the majority of whom have also been successful in obtaining further financing for their studies. The fellowship grant is intended for post-graduate studies as well as research and teaching cooperation in Finnish universities in all fields of study.
Host Institution(s): Recognised Universities in Finland
Scholarship Worth: 1,500 euros/month
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Finnish National Agency for Education EDUFI Fellowship
EDUFI Fellowship will award the grant:
- For starting work on a doctoral research project if the whole doctoral thesis will be completed in a Finnish university. You cannot apply for the grant at the end of a research project or for post-doctoral research.
- For completing a double degree in Finland.
- For a study visit for post-graduate students working on a doctoral thesis in a university outside Finland, if there are particularly compelling reasons for the cooperation.
To be eligible for Finnish National Agency for Education EDUFI Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international Student
- Applicants must work as a researcher or a teacher in a Finnish university department
- Applicants will be hosting the research fellow
- Applicants will commit to common objectives with the research fellow
- Applicants will offer facilities and equipment for the use of the research fellow
- Applicants will supervise the research.
- You can apply for a fellowship for a non-Finnish post-graduate (post Master’s degree) student or a young researcher that you will invite to Finland or who has been in Finland for a maximum of one year before applying for the fellowship.
- The EDUFI Fellowship is available to all foreign nationals and all fields of study.
How-to-Apply: You can fill in the EDUFI Fellowship application form in Finnish, Swedish or English. The application form comes with instructions on how to fill it and a list of required annexes. Please post the signed form and annexes by e-mail to: Kirjaamo(at)oph.fi, and write “EDUFI Fellowship” in the subject line of the e-mail.
Note: EDUFI will not process applications where the applicant is some other than a Finnish university representative.
Application Deadline: Five months before the planned start of the fellowship