EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme– This is to inform the general public that European Union (EU) and the Economic Community of West African States has commenced their applications into their scholarship programme. Interested candidates should kindly apply below.European Union (EU) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme
About EU-ECOWAS Scholarship
- The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme provides scholarships for masters’ degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialised universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
- The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
Qualifications and Requirements
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship application form collects responses from applicants who are interested to complete a master’s programme in the energy sector from shortlisted universities. The scholarship selection process will analyse the information collected through the application form against the following criteria:
- Be Nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Shortlisted Universities and available Master’s Degree Courses
You can only apply for relevant courses in Higher Education Institution(s) which have been opened to receive applications:
University of Ibadan:
- M.Sc. Energy Conversion Systems
- M.Phil. Energy Policy
- M.Sc. Electrical Power Systems
- M.Sc. Energy Economics
- M.Sc. Energy Finance
- M.Sc. Energy Technology and Management
- M.Sc. in Energy and Environment
- M.Sc. LL.M Energy Law
- M.Sc. Renewable Energy.
Ecole Polytechnique de Thiès:
- M.Sc. Inter-Universities Master in Renewable Energies (Master interuniversitaire en énergies renouvelables)
Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar:
- M.Sc. 2 Photovoltaic Systems and Materials (Master 2 de physique et applications, spécialité énergie solaire, matériaux et systèmes)
Universidade de Cabo Verde:
- International Interuniversity Master’s program in Energy Decarbonization
The two types of scholarships available on the programme are:
- Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located outside their country of residence.
- The scholarship will provide funding for tuition, subsistence, travel, research grant, insurance and visa.
- Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located in their country of residence.
- The scholarship will take care of scholars’ tuition and research grant.
- A small stipend to contribute towards travel and subsistence will also be provided.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a limited number of best qualifying people, to meet budget restrictions.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider factors such as language, proximity, family, and opportunities for internship in your decision making when selecting your most preferred scholarship category.
Scholarship Requirements for Validation :
- The application form will request all applicants to state their local language and any other languages they can speak fluently and may be asked to communicate with it during the interview and validation of documents.
- Other information to be collected through the application form include applicant’s biodata, geographical location, education, work experience and commitments.
- Applicants selected will be required to complete a validation process by providing relevant documents to support the information given in the form.
- Inability to validate this information within the specified period will result in disqualification and replacement by candidates who are on the waiting list.
- Therefore, all applicants are advised to prepare all relevant documents needed for validation immediately after their application has been submitted.
Successful applicants will be required to provide the following documents for validation:
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained, and
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
Application Closing Date
submission of all applications ends 29th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to fill application form
Visit This Website For More Detail