The scholarship aims to promote the development of university teaching staff and build capacity for staff in the public sector through postgraduate study programmes at selected Eastern African partner institutions.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): Institutions in East Africa
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship for East Africans | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 for Eastern Africa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme.
- Be willing to pursue a master’s or PhD courses in their home country or in another sub-Saharan African country.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2023 are to submit an online application at the application portal on or before the application deadline.
- Online DAAD application form duly completed.
- Curriculum vitae (Max. 3 pages).
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages).
- Recommendation letters
- Letter of admission from the host institution
- Proof of necessary language skills for the desired programme.
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts of records for all study year.
- Passport/national identification card.
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor or commitment letter from the host institution that a supervisor will be assigned.
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal (8-10 pages).
- Abstract of the proposal on one page.
Application Deadline: 9th December 2022