Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations. You may need to check with the Chinese Embassies/Consulates your home country for specific application guidelines.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chinese Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Wuhan University, China.
Scholarship Type: Full/Partial Funding.
Scholarship Worth: Varies per program.
Number of Awards: Several.
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International students.
Chinese Government Bilateral Scholarship Program 2023 | DETAILS
The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. It includes full or partial scholarship supported by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensuses between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
- Candidates should generally have an high school certificate for the undergraduate category and bachelors degree for the postgraduate category
- Candidates should check for availability of program and eligibility at the dispatching authorities (check on the official website)
Funding Category, Duration and Teaching Language
Studying in China usually will require (not all the times) that you undergo a brief Chinese language course. See details of funding and language course duration in the table (below)
|Program Categories||Major Study(academic year)||Chinese Language (preparatory)Study(academic year)||Duration ofScholarship
|Undergraduate programs||4-5||up to 2||4-7|
|Master’s programs||2-3||up to 2||2-5|
|Doctoral programs||3-4||up to 2||3-6|
|General scholar programs||up to 1||up to 1||Up to 2|
|Senior scholar programs||up to 1||up to 1||Up to 2|
- 1. An applicant shall learn about designated Chinese universities and majors they offer by visiting websites (http://www.campuschina.org) or other means, and identify the preferred scholarship program, designated university and major;
- 2. An applicant shall reach the designated university for admission documents. For the details of application for the Pre-admission Letter of Wuhan University, please visit the admission portal;
- 3. An applicant shall reach an application receiving agency for a recommendation;
- 4. An applicant shall fill in and submit the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online via the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (http://www.campuschina.org);
- 5. The application receiving agency shall submit the recommended candidates list and their application documents;
- 6. The CSC will organize designated universities and experts concerned to examine applicants’ eligibility and academic performance before finalizing the short-list candidates;
- 7. The CSC will notify the admission results to the application receiving agency that will subsequently have the applicant informed.
Application Deadline: Apply between early January and early April