Applications are now open for the 2023 CERN Openlab Summer Student Programme. CERN Openlab focus on the development and innovation of cutting-edge computing technology and solutions used in the wider scientific research field. It is supported through a unique public-private partnership with several collaborating companies including Intel, Siemens, Oracle and many others.
This programme is dedicated to Both Bachelors and master’s degree students who are enrolled in different study programmes in the fields of Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics. Candidates must have competed at least 3 years of study by June next year
The programme will run for a duration of nine (9) weeks in which students will get the opportunity to wirk with some if the latest technologies including both hardware and software, and get an in-depth look in how advanced IT solutions are used in particle physics.
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected applicants will sign a contract for 9 weeks to work at CERN
- Participates will receive a grant worth 90 CHF per day to help take care of their daily expenses.
- Selected applicants will also receive assistance to find Accommodation close enough to the CERN headquarters.
- You will receive coverage for insurance by the CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme.
- You will receive an allowance to to help cover transportation costs between your residence and Geneva.
Applicants for the programme must meet the following conditions
- Applications are open to students from recognized universities from all over the world.
- You must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programme with a strong computing profile.
- Candidates must have a completed at least three (3) years of full time studies at university level.
- Applicants must have sufficient proficiency in English, however, knowledge of French is seen as an advantage.
- If selected for the programme, you must remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN
Applications are submitted online via the recruitment platform. Applicants will be required to submit fill in their personal information, education and work experience in the application form.
Along with this information, you will also be required to submit the following supporting documents.
- You must submit a recent CV
- Applicants must also submit copies of their recent academic transcript and grade certificates showing their overall performance and marks.
- Request and submit at least one reference letter form a person who knows you well.