Through its Scholarship, Fellowship, and Mentorship programs, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation focuses on the leadership development of successful Scholars.
Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholars Program 2023 | DETAILS
The objective is to empower scholars to have meaningful impact in the world, equipping them with the skills to be leaders in their institutions and communities and instilling in them values crucial for Engaged Leaders, such as engagement with a plurality of perspectives, service to the community, audacity and innovation.
To be considered for the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholars Program in Canada, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must be already accepted into or in year one or two of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to complete your doctoral studies in 2026 or later.
- Your field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada; (please refer to the FAQ for more details and read up on past scholarship recipients).
- Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment.
- Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the 2023 Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholars Program are to apply directly to the Foundation through the application portal. Applicants will need to provide the following in order to complete their application:
- Demographic information on yourself.
- Essay Questions: Provide answers (200 to 400 words) to essay questions.
- Doctoral Projects and Themes.
- Language skills, Post-secondary Education, Achievements and Experience.
- Upload Transcripts.
Application Deadline: December 2, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. EST.