The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is a scholarship programme initiated and funded by the Dutch Minsitry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Nuffic, in cooperation with Dutch institutions. The aim of the scholarship is to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals and institutions in higher and vocational education.
The Orange Knowledge Programme offers scholarships funded by the Dutch government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs available for a selection of:
- Short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months);
- Master’s programme (duration 12 to 24 months).
Scholarship | Requirements
The scholarship provides funding to female and male professionals who are:
- Living and working in an OKP country;
- Proficient in English or French;
- Working in one of the priority areas for their country;
- Can motivate using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organization after their studies;
- Agreeing to the OKP obligations and conditions
- You need English or French language skills
- Studies must be in the priority themes of the respective OKP countries.
- Employer statement that shows that your employer supports your application.
Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarship | Application Guide
Interested applicants for the OKP Scholarship are to apply through the Dutch education institution of their choice by following the procedures outlined (below):
- Check if your application falls within the OKP focus areas determined for your country.
- Check if you meet the OKP eligibility criteria.
- Find a course on the OKP course list. Please find a study, using the filter ‘Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)’.
- Ask your employer whether they are willing to nominate you for an OKP scholarship.
- Contact the Dutch education institution of your choice to receive more information about the application procedure, the academic requirements and the link to apply online.
- Prepare your application: employer statement, motivation, passport, government statement (if required).
- During an application round, submit your application online using the link you receive from the Dutch education institution. Please be aware of the application deadline of the educational institution of your choice.
- You may be eligible for an OKP scholarship if you are a national of and working in: Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen and Zambia.
Interested applicants for the OKP Scholarship 2023 can only apply for a scholarship during an open application round. Applicants will have to check the application round available at the time of their application.