~ 2022 One World Postgraduate Scholarship ~
One World is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their One World Postgraduate Scholarship. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About the Scholarship
The One-World-Scholarship-Programme is a partial scholarship aimed at students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who have come to Austria on their own initiative, in order to complete their education.
Aim and Benefits of One World Postgraduate Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of One-World Masters Scholarship:
One World Scholarship Programme supports Master’s and PhD students at public universities or universities of applied sciences in the regions of Salzburg and Tyrol with a partial scholarship. Students at Master’s level receive €500 per month and at PhD level €550 during the semester.
Requirements for One World Postgraduate Scholarship
1. Nationality of a non-European developing country (country list).
2. Admission to a Master’s or PhD program at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein).
3. For PhD students: approved disposition.
4. Age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application.
5. Residence permit “student”.
No Scholarships are Awarded for:
1. Studies at private universities
2. Postgraduate study programmes (“Lehrgänge”, e.g. “Universitätslehrgang” or “Fachhochschullehrgang”) or other non-degree certificate programmes
3. Applicants with a residence title other than “student”
4. Non-degree program students („außerordentliche Studierende“)
5. Short term visits and exchange program.
Financial need: We consider the own income, savings, other means of support, profession and income of parents in order to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
2. Evidence of good progress in studies: Good study progress is documented by a transcript of records of current and past studies. In programs without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
3. Interest in development and according to specialisation in studies: Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development-related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior work experience, voluntary activities, etc.
Documents Required for Application
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. Letter of motivation.
5. Residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria).
6. Account statement covering the past 3 months.
7. Certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment.
8. Examinations are taken and results of current studies.
July 31, 2022