2022 NYSC – Cyber Café Operators (CBO) are critical stakeholders of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), providing numerous online services on the NYSC portal to both prospective and serving Corps Members. Accordingly, Management of the NYSC is set to commence registration and accreditation of interested CBO to ensure sanity of activities on the NYSC portal. Thus, this document is to provide the needed guidelines for this process.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ACCREDITATION
- To bring sanity in the NYSC online registration process.
- To encourage Cyber Café operators to work as partners with the NYSC.
- To weed out quacks amongst Cyber Café operators that perform online services for Prospective and serving Corps Members.
- Ensure effective monitoring of Cyber Café operators through the creation of Database of Cyber Café Operators.
- Promote error-free online registration for Prospective Corps Members
Interested Cyber Café Operator must adhere as follows;
- Register on the NYSC CBO website as well as upload of requisite documents as stipulated by the Scheme for approval.
- Issuance of provisional registration for successful Cyber Café Operators, pending inspection of company’s premises.
- Inspection of Premises/Verification of documents.
- Signing and submission of the Cyber Café Operators Agreement.
- Issuance of Certificate by NYSC to accredited Cyber Café Operators.
- Monitoring of accredited Cyber Café operators.
Fees for interested Cyber Café Operators (CBOs):
- Expression-of-Interest fee – N5,000.
- New Registration fee – N20,000.00.
- Annual Renewal of Accreditation fee – N16,000.00
Cyber Café Operators are NOT to charge more than Two Thousand (N2,000.00) Naira for services rendered to Prospective Corps members (both Nigerian and Foreign-trained).
CAPACITY BUILDING FOR ACCREDITED OPERATORS
The NYSC will provide periodic training for accredited CBOs to educate them on new features on the NYSC Integrated System (NIS) platform.
BENEFITS OF REGISTERING WITH THE NYSC
- New business opportunities.
- Partnership with NYSC.
- Access to Technical Support from the NYSC.
- Periodic Training by the NYSC.
STAGES IN THE ACCREDITATION PROCESS
The CBO Accreditation process is in stages which must be followed sequentially.
|2||Approval of Application||NYSC|
|3||Payment of New Registration fee||CBO|
|4||Download/Signing/Submission of Agreement||CBO/NYSC|
|5||Approved CBO Access Code (Temporary)||NYSC|
|6||Inspection of Premises||NYSC|
|7||Issuance of Certificate||NYSC|
|8||Renewal of Accreditation (Annually)||CBO|
STAGE 1 – REGISTRATION/APPLICATION
Interested Cyber Café Operators (CBOs) are to visit the NYSC CBO Registration page and provide details about their organization, and make payment of non-refundable Expression-of-Interest (EOI) Fee of Five thousand (N5,000). The following information are to be provided;
- Name of Business Owner
- Name of Business
- CAC Registration number
- Date of Incorporation
- CAC Certificate (upload)
- Address of Cybercafé
- e-mail Address
- Phone number
- Photo of Business Centre (Interior) (upload)
- Local Government Area
- Interested Cyber Café Operators (CBOs) are to visit the NYSC CBO Registration page and provide details about their organization, and make payment of non-refundable Expression-of-Interest (EOI) Fee of Five thousand (N5,000). The following information are to be provided;
- CBO must agree to the payment of Five thousand (N5,000) non–refundable expression of interest fee.
- CBO will be able to make payment online (via Remita) and Print a Confirmation Page.
- Only CBOs with successful payment of EoI will be added to the NYSC CBO database and proceed to the next stage.
- All communication between the NYSC and the CBO will be done via a supplied functional email address.
STAGE 2 – APPROVAL OF APPLICATION
NYSC reviews all applications (information and uploaded documents) submitted and approve or disapprove accordingly.
CBO with successful application receives email text “Congratulations, your Application is successful”. This is followed with further instructions for next line of action.
CBO with unsuccessful application will also receive an email stating reason for disapproval.
STAGE 3 – PAYMENT FOR NEW REGISTRATION PAGE:
CBO makes payment of New Registration Fee of Twenty (N20,000) Naira via Remita as a newly registered and accredited CBO. Access will also be provided to print “Confirmation of Successful Payment” or a Copy send to email address.
SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT/CBO AGREEMENT
On confirmation of payment, CBO receives confirmation receipt via email with a link to download the NYSC CBO Agreement with further instruction.
STAGE 4 – CBO AGREEMENT SUBMISSION
CBO download, print, sign and submit the NYSC CBO Agreement (Two copies) at NYSC State Secretariat where company resides, while NYSC State Coordinator sign on behalf of the NYSC.
On notifying the NYSC Directorate Headquarters of submission of agreement, CBO receives Temporary Access Code as well as link to operate on the NYSC registration portal. The access code will expire after three (3) months, during which Inspection of company premises will be conducted and subsequently issuance Certificate.
STAGE 5 – APPROVED CBO ACCESS CODE
Afterwards, Permanent Access Code will be issued to enable operation on the NYSC portal for a period of One (1) Year.
STAGE 6 – CBO PREMISES INSPECTION
At the commencement of the NYSC CBO Accreditation Project, a time table will be published for inspection of all successfully registered CBOs. Afterwards, Inspection will be scheduled quarterly
STAGE 7 – ISSUANCE OF ACCREDITATION CERTIFICATE
NYSC will produce an Accreditation Certificate and send it via email to all successful registered and fully accredited CBO. The Date of renewal of Accreditation is one (1) year after it is issued.
For further enquiry, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp message to +2349010008301.