~ 2022 IFCN Education Scholarship ~
The International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their IFCN Education Scholarship. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all students.
About the Scholarship
The International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) is pleased to announce the availability of education fellowships that will be awarded to support training in clinical neurophysiology for applicants without access to similar training in their home country.
The maximum award for each fellowship will be $25,000 for one-year fellowships, with proportionately less for shorter fellowships.
1. Member of an IFCN member society, or the International Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ICNS) for members from non-affiliated countries
2. Applicants with a minimum of 2 years in core medical training (e.g. neurology, rehabilitation medicine, clinical neurophysiology) are preferred
3. Intent to return to their country after the period of fellowship
4. There are no age limits
5. Scope and period of training:
📌 Any field of clinical neurophysiology, including general or specific/specialised techniques for which training opportunities are not available in their own country
📌 Applicants are encouraged to identify training centres within their own chapter when possible.
📌 The minimum duration of training is 3 months with a maximum 1 year
6. Candidates must contact the education mentor themselves and obtain permission for the fellowship. (The mentor will be required to complete section III of the application form)
The IFCN Education Committee will make the selection of successful candidates. Applicants will be informed of the decision by 15 August 2022.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following obligations:
1. Negotiate the exact dates of the fellowship with the host institution. The fellowship should be started within one year of receiving the award.
2. It is expected that the fellowship will be completed without interruption, but if special circumstances arise, exceptions will be considered.
3. At the end of the fellowship, the successful candidate must provide a report within a month of completion and within one year.
4. The successful applicant is expected to provide future plans of how they will contribute to IFCN and their field.
5. The successful applicant agrees to assist and allow the promotion of the award through various media outlets, including social media.
Value of Award
Both the education and research scholarships are for $25,000 USD.
Duration of Program
How to Apply
1. Evidence of relevant medical training.
2. Copy of passport or other government-issued ID.
3. Letter of recommendation from the home institution.
4. Letter of acceptance from the host institution supervisor/mentor.
5. Certificate of membership in an IFCN member society, or the International Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ICNS) for members from non-affiliated countries.