New Zealand – Global Research Alliance Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) – 2022 Special Round is now open and welcomes applications from eligible candidates around the globe. The Government of New Zealand through the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries will be supporting eligible students from developing countries for a fully funded PhD study in New Zealand.
The scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
AT A GLANCE
Scholarship Sponsor(s): New Zealand Ministry for Primary IndustriesHost Institution(s): New Zealand Higher InstitutionsScholarship Worth:Full Funding (Amount not stated)Number of Awards:Four ScholarshipsStudy Level:PhDNationality: Domestic/International students
Eligibility | New Zealand Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships 2022
The following criteria are non-negotiable:
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.
Eligible Research Areas:
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
How to Apply: Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications online. The applications must be completed and submitted exclusively via the Education New Zealand online application portal.
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Evidence of meeting the requirements to enrol for a PhD programme at the selected University
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
Application Deadline: 30 September, 11:59 pm New Zealand time
Visit the official site via the below link: