~ 2022 EU Funded Doctoral Scholarships ~
The University of Naples Federico II is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their EU Funded Doctoral Scholarships. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all
About the School
The University of Naples Federico II is ranked 188th in Best Global Universities. It was created to create an institution of higher learning that would put an end to the predominance of the universities of northern Italy, most notably those of Bologna and Padua, which were considered either too independent or under the strong influence of the Pope.
All students from Italy and other foreign countries are eligible to apply.
Applicants can apply for a PhD program to research in Microbiome Science, embedding Biology, Medicine, Food and Agricultural Sciences, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Engineering and Social Sciences at the University of Naples Federico II.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
1. The applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree at the time of the Call deadline.
2. The applicants must hold a relevant European Master’s degree or equivalent (EQF 7) at the time of the application.
The selected candidates will be provided with the following benefits:
1. A living allowance, corresponding to the gross salary (employer/employee) paid in monthly instalments to fellows, inclusive of all social security coverage, contribution to pension funds and unemployment indemnity and a mobility allowance for fellows’ expenses linked to their mobility (relocation expenses)
2. The monthly gross salary for each recruited researcher, including living and mobility allowances, will be Euro 2,709
3. Each fellowship will also include a contribution to costs needed to carry out research projects (e.g. consumables, publications, others) and a contribution to the training activities (e.g. local and network training) managed directly by the program coordinator.
4. Fiscal treatment, social security (SSC) and sick/maternity or paternity leave will be fully covered according to the Italian Social Security regulation.
5. Insurance will be also provided to cover accidents and civil liability towards third parties.
The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
2. Redress letter
3. Motivation letter
4. Letter of references
5. Signed Declaration of Honour
The applicants are required to meet the academic and entry requirements of the PhD programme they wish to join.
The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
1. IELTS: minimum – 6.5
2. TOEFL paper test – 550
3. TOEFL internet test–79
20 June 2022